Since the John X Foundations inception we’ve supported a number of worthy causes, both Humanitarian and Conservation based. Many are still current today, while others have realized the value of your contributions.
WHO and WHAT do we support?
- The Amasango Career School and Orphanage for homeless boys formerly living on the streets of Grahamstown.
- The Small Cats Initiative – We’re bringing back Serval and African Wildcat to the Eastern Cape.
- Nomzamo Preschool - The township toddler preschool program.
- The Lalibela Cheetah Project – Our involvement in this program has seen a successful breeding pair stock many further conservation areas with their offspring.
- Anti-poaching Donations – In both South Africa and Mozambique.
- The Coutada 11 Community Project, Mozambique - John X Safaris, together with Zambeze Delta Safaris, have decided to combine our humanitarian initiatives in an effort to sustain the community school in so doing ensuring the basic right to education is a reality and not a mere dream in the depths of a big 5 concession 100 miles from the nearest towns/cities.
The above initiatives would not have been possible without the CONTRIBUTIONS of our DONORS – We salute each and every one of you.
- Chris & Martie Petersen
- Gene Petersen
- Douglas Smith
- Brett Nelson
- Jim Haselberger
- Dave Tyner
- Tim Tyner
- Mike Turnipseed
- Brandon Graber
- Roger & Peggy Christianson
- Robert & Shandra Olsen Christianson
- The Steve Barry Family
- Autumn Petersen
- Dave Kjelstrup
- Pete & Elizabeth Stout
- Thomas & Ellen Manning
- Fred Slater
- The Eric Arnette Family and all the staff from the Texas Cash store in Texas
- Shelly & Candace Arnette
- Jim Smith
- Randall Spence & Emily Belue
- Sabrina Haverfield
- Robert & Wendy Haverfield
- Sydney Scott
- Bertil Friman
- Benny Fredriksson
- Uno Kristiansson
- Thomas Nyden
- Bjorn Hagman
- Martin Ostholm
- Jeff Edland
- Chad Badger
- Dennis & Nan Roberg
- Brian Nelson
- Joe Kapaun
- Brian Gebeke
“For it is in giving that we receive.” - St. Francis of Assisi
Question on Rates ...
Wondering what our current rates are? Click to download the JXS Rate Sheet.
Relive your Adventure...
Make the memories last for a lifetime ... purchase a Coffee Table Book filled with beautiful photos & stories of that season's safaris. Purchase Here.
The John X Foundation enables hunters to easily make contributions in coordinated ways that maximize local impact for humanitarian and conservation causes.
What People Are Saying
The 3rd time in Africa and it was probably the best. At Glen Harry, I harvested a beautiful Eland. I want to thank Carl and the rest of the staff, especially Stix. My friends and I had a fantastic stay.~ Benny Fredriksson '15 from
"In 2001 I went on a once in a lifetime trip with John X Safaris. In 2011 I completed my 6th trip with John X. Obviously I am a believer in the quality of the entire John X experience from the first class accommodations, to the outstanding food, exceptional service and even more importantly - to the quality hunting areas that produce the exceptional trophies I've come to expect. Trip number seven is being planned for 2012 - I simply can't get enough!"~ Brett Nelson '12 from USA
"South Africa - I came, I saw, I heard, and felt you. You gave me goose bumps. I had the privilege to hunt with two great PH's. You took me out on those great plains and mountain sides. And gave me a hunt to be remembered for life! I really want to thank all I met during this journey - Staff, Trackers, PH's, Family members and friends. Thank You!"~ Thomas Nyden '12 from
"Thank you. The hunting was challenging and fantastic. The accommodation and staff were so nice and helpful. We enjoyed every minute of our hunt."~ Hugh & Juanita Friedline '12 from USA
"The total safari was all above any expectations! The staff and lodging was professional and very kind, always willing to please. The hunting was very good, conducted in a professional, safe, and fun environment. Our PH T-bone was the best!"~ Wade Fairchild '14 from
Everything was beyond excellent. Carl worked extremely hard and was a pleasure to be around. With John X Safaris I was able to experience African hunting with luxury. Carl was able to get me every animal that I wanted. Coming to Africa I had no idea what to expect but this trip will be one that I will remember for a long time. Our tracker Zwayi worked extremely hard as well.~ Robert Smith '15 from