Since the John X Foundations inception we’ve supported a number of worthy causes, both Humanitarian and Conservation based. Many are still current today, while others have realized the value of your contributions.
WHO and WHAT do we support?
- The Amasango Career School and Orphanage for homeless boys formerly living on the streets of Grahamstown.
- The Small Cats Initiative – We’re bringing back Serval and African Wildcat to the Eastern Cape.
- Nomzamo Preschool - The township toddler preschool program.
- The Lalibela Cheetah Project – Our involvement in this program has seen a successful breeding pair stock many further conservation areas with their offspring.
- Anti-poaching Donations – In both South Africa and Mozambique.
- The Coutada 11 Community Project, Mozambique - John X Safaris, together with Zambeze Delta Safaris, have decided to combine our humanitarian initiatives in an effort to sustain the community school in so doing ensuring the basic right to education is a reality and not a mere dream in the depths of a big 5 concession 100 miles from the nearest towns/cities.
The above initiatives would not have been possible without the CONTRIBUTIONS of our DONORS – We salute each and every one of you.
- Chris & Martie Petersen
- Gene Petersen
- Douglas Smith
- Brett Nelson
- Jim Haselberger
- Dave Tyner
- Tim Tyner
- Mike Turnipseed
- Brandon Graber
- Roger & Peggy Christianson
- Robert & Shandra Olsen Christianson
- The Steve Barry Family
- Autumn Petersen
- Dave Kjelstrup
- Pete & Elizabeth Stout
- Thomas & Ellen Manning
- Fred Slater
- The Eric Arnette Family and all the staff from the Texas Cash store in Texas
- Shelly & Candace Arnette
- Jim Smith
- Randall Spence & Emily Belue
- Sabrina Haverfield
- Robert & Wendy Haverfield
- Sydney Scott
- Bertil Friman
- Benny Fredriksson
- Uno Kristiansson
- Thomas Nyden
- Bjorn Hagman
- Martin Ostholm
- Jeff Edland
- Chad Badger
- Dennis & Nan Roberg
- Brian Nelson
- Joe Kapaun
- Brian Gebeke
“For it is in giving that we receive.” - St. Francis of Assisi
Question on Rates ...
Wondering what our current rates are? Click to download the JXS Rate Sheet .
Relive your Adventure...
Make the memories last for a lifetime ... purchase a Coffee Table Book filled with beautiful photos & stories of that season's safaris. Purchase Here.
The John X Foundation enables hunters to easily make contributions in coordinated ways that maximize local impact for humanitarian and conservation causes.
What People Are Saying
"The safari was a fantastic experience, well enjoyed with the perfect PH."~ Benny Fredrickson '12 from USA
"I had a great time!!!! Could not have been better. The staff were friendly and so helpful. Schalk was superb and put in endless effort to ensure our hunt with bow and rifle was a great success."~ Josh Wilde '12 from USA
"We had a great time hunting with John X Safaris. Very well run with excellent PH’s and trackers. We would recommend John X Safaris to anyone. Enjoyed fantastic scenery. Thank You."~ Kevin & Laurel Ward '13 from
"What an incredible experience. John X Safaris far exceeded our expectations. We had a wonderful time. It was great to see so much diverse country and we were able to stay several days in three different locations. Everyone was so professional and courteous. You really go the extra mile in taking care of your clients. Our PH, Sean, was awesome, as was the whole staff. This is a trip we will never forget. We are already making plans for our next safari. Thank you!"~ Larry & Claudia Fullmer '14 from
"My June 2014 hunt with your group should be considered a once in a lifetime event, a dream come true. I cannot thank you and your entire team for the hospitality, friendship, professionalism - the comments could go on and on. Your team took care of every detail. This is too awesome of a trip not to share with my family. I will be bringing my daughter out next June to allow her this incredible experience. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you soon."~ Mike Jarvis '14 from
"Our first African Safari experience exceeded all expectations. Thanks Carl and Trish and all the John X staff for their caring and generous commitment of time and efforts to make this a trip of a lifetime! A special thanks to Greg Hayes and Bless for their knowledge, effort and friendship that made this such a wonderful experience and successful hunt. We are already planning our next trip. A truly professional organization at all levels. Thanks again!"~ Dave Stark '14 from