Since the John X Foundations inception we’ve supported a number of worthy causes, both Humanitarian and Conservation based. Many are still current today, while others have realized the value of your contributions.
WHO and WHAT do we support?
- The Amasango Career School and Orphanage for homeless boys formerly living on the streets of Grahamstown.
- The Small Cats Initiative – We’re bringing back Serval and African Wildcat to the Eastern Cape.
- Nomzamo Preschool - The township toddler preschool program.
- The Lalibela Cheetah Project – Our involvement in this program has seen a successful breeding pair stock many further conservation areas with their offspring.
- Anti-poaching Donations – In both South Africa and Mozambique.
- The Coutada 11 Community Project, Mozambique - John X Safaris, together with Zambeze Delta Safaris, have decided to combine our humanitarian initiatives in an effort to sustain the community school in so doing ensuring the basic right to education is a reality and not a mere dream in the depths of a big 5 concession 100 miles from the nearest towns/cities.
The above initiatives would not have been possible without the CONTRIBUTIONS of our DONORS – We salute each and every one of you.
- Chris & Martie Petersen
- Gene Petersen
- Douglas Smith
- Brett Nelson
- Jim Haselberger
- Dave Tyner
- Tim Tyner
- Mike Turnipseed
- Brandon Graber
- Roger & Peggy Christianson
- Robert & Shandra Olsen Christianson
- The Steve Barry Family
- Autumn Petersen
- Dave Kjelstrup
- Pete & Elizabeth Stout
- Thomas & Ellen Manning
- Fred Slater
- The Eric Arnette Family and all the staff from the Texas Cash store in Texas
- Shelly & Candace Arnette
- Jim Smith
- Randall Spence & Emily Belue
- Sabrina Haverfield
- Robert & Wendy Haverfield
- Sydney Scott
- Bertil Friman
- Benny Fredriksson
- Uno Kristiansson
- Thomas Nyden
- Bjorn Hagman
- Martin Ostholm
- Jeff Edland
- Chad Badger
- Dennis & Nan Roberg
- Brian Nelson
- Joe Kapaun
- Brian Gebeke
“For it is in giving that we receive.” - St. Francis of Assisi
Question on Rates ...
Wondering what our current rates are? Click to download the JXS Rate Sheet.
Relive your Adventure...
Make the memories last for a lifetime ... purchase a Coffee Table Book filled with beautiful photos & stories of that season's safaris. Purchase Here.
The John X Foundation enables hunters to easily make contributions in coordinated ways that maximize local impact for humanitarian and conservation causes.
What People Are Saying
"For years I have heard many stories describing Africa. They were all wrong. The descriptions of the country, the experience and the scenery fell far short of the actual experience. I was moved emotionally and spiritually with the pure beauty of the country and fell in love with the passion of the people. Although
this was our first trip, it will in no way be our last."
"Everything was great. Top three hunts ever. I will be back!"~ Martin Osthulm '13 from
"Now that I am home I just wanted to send you a quick note of thanks. I can't begin to tell you what a great time I had. I now fully understand the magic quality and allure of Africa and why so many people make return trips. This was the trip of a lifetime. Everything down to the smallest detail was amazing. The professionalism of the entire staff was unlike anything I have ever experienced. Thanks!"~ Tim Tyner '12 from USA
Always an enjoyable quality experience. After six years of trying... A Bushpig!~ Lawrence Trunk '15 from
"We can’t express ourselves enough, the gratitude towards everyone. Carl, Juan, the staff - such warm hearted people. Not only to mention our hunts were more than we dreamed it to be. Many thanks to everyone, new friends and memories to last a life time."~ Dennis & Nan Roberg '13 from
"Thanks to all John X people for a great and successful first time Safari."~ Brian Nelson '13 from USA