Since the John X Foundations inception we’ve supported a number of worthy causes, both Humanitarian and Conservation based. Many are still current today, while others have realized the value of your contributions.
WHO and WHAT do we support?
- The Amasango Career School and Orphanage for homeless boys formerly living on the streets of Grahamstown.
- The Small Cats Initiative – We’re bringing back Serval and African Wildcat to the Eastern Cape.
- Nomzamo Preschool - The township toddler preschool program.
- The Lalibela Cheetah Project – Our involvement in this program has seen a successful breeding pair stock many further conservation areas with their offspring.
- Anti-poaching Donations – In both South Africa and Mozambique.
- The Coutada 11 Community Project, Mozambique - John X Safaris, together with Zambeze Delta Safaris, have decided to combine our humanitarian initiatives in an effort to sustain the community school in so doing ensuring the basic right to education is a reality and not a mere dream in the depths of a big 5 concession 100 miles from the nearest towns/cities.
The above initiatives would not have been possible without the CONTRIBUTIONS of our DONORS – We salute each and every one of you.
- Chris & Martie Petersen
- Gene Petersen
- Douglas Smith
- Brett Nelson
- Jim Haselberger
- Dave Tyner
- Tim Tyner
- Mike Turnipseed
- Brandon Graber
- Roger & Peggy Christianson
- Robert & Shandra Olsen Christianson
- The Steve Barry Family
- Autumn Petersen
- Dave Kjelstrup
- Pete & Elizabeth Stout
- Thomas & Ellen Manning
- Fred Slater
- The Eric Arnette Family and all the staff from the Texas Cash store in Texas
- Shelly & Candace Arnette
- Jim Smith
- Randall Spence & Emily Belue
- Sabrina Haverfield
- Robert & Wendy Haverfield
- Sydney Scott
- Bertil Friman
- Benny Fredriksson
- Uno Kristiansson
- Thomas Nyden
- Bjorn Hagman
- Martin Ostholm
- Jeff Edland
- Chad Badger
- Dennis & Nan Roberg
- Brian Nelson
- Joe Kapaun
- Brian Gebeke
“For it is in giving that we receive.” - St. Francis of Assisi
Question on Rates ...
Wondering what our current rates are? Click to download the JXS Rate Sheet.
Relive your Adventure...
Make the memories last for a lifetime ... purchase a Coffee Table Book filled with beautiful photos & stories of that season's safaris. Purchase Here.
The John X Foundation enables hunters to easily make contributions in coordinated ways that maximize local impact for humanitarian and conservation causes.
What People Are Saying
"Thanks to all John X people for a great and successful first time Safari."~ Brian Nelson '13 from USA
"Had a Great Time! Hope to return soon"~ Tom Lincoln '14 from
"Stix and I had a great time chasing trophy kudu throughout the Karoo and coastal range. Thanks so much for the fantastic kudu we finally got at Willow Fountain! I will be back for more spiral horn hunts!"~ Paul Latchford '14 from
"It was everything we could ever have hoped for or dream of.Our crew comprising of Greg and Bles were amazing, and took great care of us – sharing the many laughs and memories. Thank you again!"~ Rob & Lashanda Terry '14 from
Attempting to recount a South African safari experience can be a very difficult task. Telling stories and sharing photos can only begin to paint a picture of what one can expect to see when hunting plains game. Being my 2nd trip over to hunt with Carl and the John X crew, I wondered if the experience would be less exciting than my maiden voyage. I could not have been more wrong! Hunting from the mountains in the Karoo, to the dense forests on the coast, this trip could not have been scripted any better. The thrill of chasing a new trophy quality animal every day, the stories told around the dinner table each night, and the friendships made that will last a lifetime are just a few of the reasons that a person needs to visit South Africa once in his or her lifetime!~ Garrett Wall '15 from
This trip exceeded all of my expectations! We will be back. Thank you for everything.~ Kevin Burlingame '15 from